APP2Speak™ is an augmentative and alternative communication software application for the iPad to help adults who have difficulty expressing their wants and needs essential to daily living.
APP2Speak™ contains 80 preset communication needs and wants. Each page displays 20 real-life photos with words. Each selection provides voice output (with male or female voice options) for word and phrase describing a want or need. The page size can be easily adjusted for visual difficulties: sizes include 4×5 or 2×10 (columns x rows). The pages can be swiped up and down, or left and right to switch between pages. Preset photos can be moved and turned on or off. A separate page for text-to-speech is located on the Help page by touching the ?.
APP2Speak™ is compatible with external switches within the accessibility features on the iPad for use with physically challenged adults.
The custom pages are unlimited and provide additional flexibility to enable personalized communication. Speech Pathologists, family and friends can upload pictures from their personal photo library or, Internet (with wireless Internet connection). Another option is taking a picture within APP2Speak™; you can save on custom pages, label the picture, select text to speech or record your voice for speech output. Share your custom pages with other APP2Speak™ users through an enabled Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection.
iPad, iOS 8.0 or later
- 4 preset pages of photos, words and voice output
- 2 options for size of photos
- Option for male or female voice
- Text-to-speech page
- Personally record your voice
- Options to turn ON/OFF and Move Preset Pictures
- Help page includes Video Demonstration, Written/Pictorial Instructions and Text to Speech page
- Unlimited pages of customization using your personal photo library, Internet pictures or take custom photo within APP2Speak™ and save in separate album folder created for APP2Speak™
- Allows custom pages to be shared through an enabled Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection
- Backup and recovery of custom shared pages
APP2Speak™ is written in English.